Booking With a Licensed Travel Agent in BC
You may be interested in bargains when making travel plans, but it’s a good idea to look beyond the price tag and the glossy travel brochures to ensure you get the services you're paying for. Here are some tips to help you enjoy your trip.
- Book your travel through a licensed BC travel agent or wholesaler.
- Look for the Consumer Protection BC license certificate or decal at their business location.
- Check to see if a travel agent is licensed by Consumer Protection BC.
- Read all the fine print.
- Know your cancellation rights and refund policy.
- Request a copy of your travel services contract and keep all receipts.
- Review all your documentation prior to your departure.
- Double check the departure times with your travel agent.
Remember, if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.
When you book with a licensed BC travel agent and do not receive your contracted travel services, you may be eligible for compensation from the BC Travel Assurance Fund. Find out more information about BC's Travel Assurance Fund.
Search for a licensed travel agent in BC.