This beautiful 2500 sq ft stand alone chalet is located in Feathertop Estates.A groomed run outside the back door leads you to Millie’s Mile ski run on the Black Forest Chair. The fully appointed kitchen with wine cooler,dining room and living room with 42 flat screen TV/DVD, gas fireplace and deck with BBQ are on the main level. The master bedroom,with King bed / TV, includes an ensuite bath with steam shower. It shares the top floor with the 2nd bedroom with a King bed, loft with a Queen hide-a-bed and full bath. Downstairs is a huge den with 42 flat screen TV/DVD and Queen hide-a-bed, the 3rd bedroom with Queen/Single bunks, full bath, large Boot Room with Heated Slate Floors for all the ski clothes and equipment and access door to the covered hot tub and groomed ski run. Chalet also includes complimentary wireless internet, MP3 Docking Station and speakers throughout!
Sleeps 12 (Approx. 2500 sq. ft. over 3 floors)
Entry on 2nd Level
- 42" Flat Screen TV/DVD with Cable
- Gas Fireplace
- Stereo with CD Player in Living Room (Speakers throughout Chalet)
- Complimentary DVD's and CD's
- Complimentary Board Games and Books
- Full Size Fridge/Freezer
- Full Size Gas Stove/Oven
- Breakfast Bar with 4 Stools
- Coffee Maker
- Wine Cooler
- Assorted Pots and Pans, Dishes, Cutlery
- Cooking Utensils and more
– 1st Level
Internet & Phone:
- Stacked Washer and Dryer
- Laundry Detergent Provided
- Free Wireless Internet Provided
- Telephone (Local Calls Only)
- Ski in either from Sundance (Green Run) take a left towards the Black Forest Chair and another left just before the skiers bridge, this groomed run will take you right to the back door of Dwight Out, or you can use Millie’s Mile to access Dwight Out from the corner of Feather Top Way.
- Ski out, pop your skis/board on at the door and skate to the skiers bridge to access the Black Forest Chair or the bottom of the gondola, or walk across the road to access Millie’s Mile.
- Skis and boards to be stored in the secure ski locker located next to the back door
- King Bed
- En-Suite Bathroom with Steam Shower
- 24" TV with Cable
- Single over Double Bunk
- 42" Flat Screen TV/DVD with Cable
- Queen Hide-a-Bed
- 1 Full Bath with Steam Shower, Hairdryer Provided (Master)
- 1 Full Bath with Tub & Shower (3rd Level)
- 1 Full Bath with Tub & Shower (1st Level)
- 1 Powder Bath (2nd Level)
- Private Hot Tub on the Patio (Seats 6) – 1st Level
- BBQ on the Deck – 2nd Level
- 1 Car in the Garage
- 2 Cars Outside in the Driveway
- Overflow Parking at Happy Valley (Purchase pass at Central Mountain Check In)
- 5 Minute walk down Feather Top Way to the bottom of the Bullet Chair, from there you can walk under the bridge into the centre of the village.
- 2 minute walk to the shuttle stop at the turnaround on Feather Top Way
- Unobstructed views of the Monashee Mountains
- Non-Smoking Unit
- Renter must be over 25
- Pets considered with owner approval
- Damage Deposit $700 +$100 Per Pet
overall rating /
Was it what you expected? It was a lovely unit and well laid out for our family group.
How were our staff? Friendly and professional.
Was the chalet clean? Yes.
Would you rent from us again? Yes
Would you recommend us? Yes.
What did you enjoy most about your stay...The Hot Tub? Ski in/Ski out? How about the mountain? All of the above. We LOVED having a hot tub right after a day of skiing and we loved having lunch in the privacy of our own place. My aging parents were able to be a part of things as we would stop by for a hot chocolate and a visit mid-day. The mountain was very family friendly and we loved the fireworks on New Years Eve.
I felt quite daunted by the stringent rules that were outlined by “Chalets at Big White”, but I reminded myself that these are what protect me from partying neighbours and units that aren’t well looked after. But it did affect my comfort level upon my arrival as I some difficulty relaxing. As my 17 year old daughter noted, “they” seem very “chargey”. But I did relax over my stay, and we had a GREAT time. Loved the steam shower too and the feather beds! It was a great memory.
The one thing that I might point out is that the extractor over the stove did not seem to be able to handle the smoke generated by cooking bacon or hash browns. We repeatedly had the alarms go off, even though we were not burning anything and we had the extractor on full.
We appreciated the prompt response when the lock for the ski locker broke as we were heading out for the day.
Overall how many stars? 1 to 5, five being awesome! Half stars are good too. Five star. We had a GREAT time!
From the city of Kelowna (Hwy 97), turn South on Highway 33. Follow it for about 30 minutes (36 km) and watch for a blue sign that says “Big White Ski Resort” at the top of the long grade. Turn left on Big White Road and follow the road for about another 20 minutes (24km). Approximately 8 km after you pass the Gem Lake Lift at Westridge, you will come to a "Welcome to Big White Ski Resort" sign. Continue past the sign for about 2.5 km. You will pass 2 lifts, the Happy Valley turnoff; go under a bridge, and around a hairpin turn. Just after the hairpin turn, turn right on Feather Top Road. You will go up a hill between Sundance and Copper Kettle Lodge. Enter Feather Top Estates and go under a bridge. After the road bends to the left, Dwight Out is the 1st house on the left. The address is 405 Feather Top Road.
We have you call us from Kelowna when you are leaving so we can have a Chaletsatbigwhite.com representative met you at the unit to check you in.